Any kind of pneumonia - pneumonia - is an extremely dangerous disease. Possible complications include tissue fibrosis, fluid accumulation in the lung (pleurisy), respiratory failure, decreased blood oxygen saturation, etc.
Pneumonia associated with COVID-19 can be asymptomatic or especially severe in some patients. This disease is often associated with dysfunction not only of the lungs, but also of other organs and systems of the body.
Complex rehabilitation programs have been developed in the “Almaty Resort” sanatorium, which help to reduce the negative consequences of the illness, as well as reduce the risks of serious complications.
The main tasks of rehabilitation after pneumonia in the sanatorium are:
- prevention of pulmonary fibrosis (the process of formation of scar tissue in them, which has an extremely negative effect on lung function);
- prevention of respiratory failure;
- acceleration of the recovery of lung tissue;
- restoration of the work of the respiratory muscles;
- prevention of complications not only on the lungs, but also on other organs and systems of the body;
- speedy recovery of strength and performance.
Rehabilitation after discharge from the hospital must begin 10-15 days later with a negative PCR test for COVID-19.
Applied examination in the sanatorium:
- Consultation of a therapist - assessment of the patient's condition, clarification of the diagnosis and the presence of concomitant pathologies.
- Functional diagnostics - spirography, ECG.
- Laboratory diagnostics - general clinical and biochemical blood and urine tests.
- Consultation with a cardiologist - the doctor assesses the risks of cardiovascular disorders as a result of pneumonia.
- Consultation of a physiotherapist - based on the conclusion of the therapist and the results of the examination, the doctor determines the optimal parameters for the conduct and a set of physiotherapy procedures.
- Exercise therapy. Training in special breathing exercises.
- Parenteral therapy. Setting of droppers in a day hospital, intramuscular injection of drugs. Comprehensive drug treatment to eliminate residual foci of infection, fight against the consequences of intoxication of the body during illness, start the processes of restoring damaged tissues of the lungs, liver and other organs of the body.
Together with a 10-15 day course of physiotherapeutic methods of treatment and rehabilitation, the sanatorium uses combinations of such procedures as ultrasound therapy, electro-, magneto- and laser therapy, SMT, electrophoresis, therapeutic massage, halotherapy, swimming, climatotherapy, balneotherapy, etc. ...
All this requires an active course of rehabilitation to return to normal life.
+7 727 300 34 00